Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I hereby resolve.................

New Year Resolutions 2010

Do you do New Year resolutions?  Most of the time I don't.  They tend to fall into big unobtainable classifications.  You know, get a 12% raise, be nice to the office rat in the next cubical.  They are just plan  unobtainable.  This year I picked 3 REACHABLE goals, so hear goes....


 I resolve in 2010 to do the following:

1 - - I’ll stop rotating through my knives just because the one I’m carrying is getting dull. I rotate through my carry knives because I enjoy having different ones on me. I’ll sharpen each one goes dull. No more big batch sharpening sessions for me!

2 - - I’ll oil my knives more frequently. This includes all the pivots and moving parts as well as wiping down the blade. I’m careful with my knives and I do clean and oil them when they get wet or dirty but they are tools and have to work for a living. But I’m going to do a better job of it this year.

3 - - I’m going to stop asking my co-worker if he wants to borrow a knife when he’s trying to “key” open a taped box. Next to a domestic partner, I can’t think of too many other things more personal than your choice in a knife. He’s an adult and he can figure it out on his own.

No comments: