Thursday, February 16, 2012

My friend, Scott

His name is Scott.  I’m proud to have him as a friend.  My wife and I met him because our circles of interest include shooting, knives and adventure.  We aren’t drinking-buddy-close but I always looked forward to seeing him at the range and at activities like Camp Perry and knife shows.

I always thought our friendship would grow tighter and I’m still convinced that will happen.

Scott’s on a rough stretch of road now.  This patch looks rougher to me than the others he’s told me about.  

Nobody knows what God’s plan is for any of us.  We don’t know at the time what difference will come from the million trivial decisions we make everyday.  We just put one foot in front of the other and think we know where we are going.  Sometimes we need a little help.

Please keep Scott in your prayers and thoughts.  It doesn’t matter if you don’t know him or me.  It doesn’t matter if you read this today or in ten years.  Your thoughts and actions are known by the ultimate score keeper.

I cast my bread on the waters and trust.  That’s enough.

1 comment:

Wedgehead said...

Frank, I just started catching up on my blog reading and found your kind words. I appreciate having friends like you and Karen. You are both special people. I truly appreciate the kind words and prayers. I look forward to seeing you both soon.
God Bless you both,
Scott