Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Sun Is Warm And The Wind Is Sweet

The wind doesn’t cut like a knife.  Sunglasses aren’t worn to prevent snow blindness.  Any sand we have is to run between our toes and not for traction.  Why?

I’m not in Cleveland today.  I’m in sunny Florida were the natives are bitching about how cold 78 degrees is.  Me?  I think it’s Heaven.  Especially after during our winter.

I’m down here celebrating my father’s 90th birthday.  He and my mother decided to leave the northern states and move to Florida after he retired.  None of us kids live down here, so they established a beachhead and grew into the community.  They’re happy, but I still worry about them.  My wife is able to help her mother with daily activities but not only can I not help my parents, I don’t get to visit them either.  Florida is just too far for a weekend jaunt.

My father gave me his father’s knife.  At one time it was nice and new, but like a lot of old timer’s knives, the blades are literally sharpened away.  Still, I’ll treasure it as it is.  It is one of the few connections I have to my grandfather.  I’ll get a picture up later.

I like this group of people outside of Chili’s.  They look like a nice family so I took their picture for my blog.  Well, it was either them or hire actors for a family shot.

Really, this is part of my family.  I’m still missing a brother and sister.  They haven’t arrived yet.  I hope they are alright.  Travel can be hazardous.

One of the reasons I think Florida is heaven besides the warm winters is the botany and biology.  This is one of the little guys I see hangin’ around the house looking for a quick meal.

Flies?  You got flies, maybe yes?

No comments: